San Antonio, TX
The Purchasing Clerk is to communicate with vendors concerning the purchases for the company and provide updates when needed.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Receive and enter acknowledgements on PO’s.
- Enter all local PO’s for all employees.
- Communicate with manufactures on back orders, pricing changes and any other problems with receiving items.
- Assist in and provide back up for the Purchasing Area.
- Assist with all other aspects of purchasing for the company.
- Run all open order reports (air, back order and ground).
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Proficient in MS Office and other computer applications.
- Must have at least 2 years experience in purchasing and/or receiving.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong organizational and time management
- Analytical skills to include basic math skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school or GED equivalent
- Inside an office environment
- Heavy traffic area that may cause distractions