San Antonio, TX 78204
The Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for the administration of new and existing customers. The position will interact with customers regarding disputes and account questions and ensure accuracy and efficiency of daily operations. Excellent written, verbal communication and multi tasking skills are a must.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
– Handle daily inbound accounts receivable customer calls
– Must communicate with customers and employees with tact and diplomacy
– Interact with customers to obtain and discuss financial information
– Contact a customer’s bank and trade references for credit information
– Set up new customer accounts and inform customers of their account status in a timely manner.
– Maintain current and accurate customer account information.
– Make proper notes on customer accounts in an accurate and timely manner.
– Maintain current customer tax & certificate of insurance liability forms.
– Daily maintain the dispute follow up report.
– Communicate and work with other employees on customer disputes or questions.
– Forward any adjustments or needed credits regarding customer accounts to the appropriate area.
– Maintain a daily call center board.
– Forward customers invoice copies as needed and or requested
– Assist with some outbound collection calls or emails, they are to be handled in a professional manner while keeping and improving customer and other stakeholders relations
– Perform routine office tasks as directed by the Accounts Receivable Supervisor
– Is a back up for AR & Collections Support, which includes but is not limited to, entering accounts receivable daily deposits, accounts receivable warranty & trade collection calls, closing daily counter sales batches as well as creating new sales batches.
– Data entry experience required
– Professional communication and customer service skills
– Must be efficient and organized to handle multiple task assigned at the same time
– Proficient in MS Office and other computer applications
– High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
– Analytical and problem solving skills
– Must have the ability to work well under pressure with high volume customer interaction
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
– High school or GED Equivalent
– Must have 2 + years of experience in accounts receivable
– Knowledge or experience in MAS a plus