San Antonio, TX
The Accounting Support Clerk is to maintain and be responsible for the warranty credits received and apply to the receivable & payable accounts. This position will also perform collections and other clerical duties that support the Accounting Department.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Gather, scan, attach and enter warranty credits or debits for the receivable and payable accounts accurately.
- Enter and update batches daily, within 24 hours of receiving a credit or debit.
- Make daily collections calls to shop, COD and credit card account customers. Place those accounts on hold to prevent future invoicing until payment has been received.
- Create monthly reports of customers that have not paid timely. Once the customer has paid, remove hold status.
- Run credit cards as needed for COD accounts.
- Maintain the HOLD account process including the FDL & attorney letters.
- Maintain the COD call central board.
- Print, sort and mail AR Statements monthly.
- Perform weekly AP & AR projects needed.
- Assist and provide back up for in incoming accounts receivable calls.
- Serves as the backup for the AR department, which includes but not limited to, entering account receivable’s daily deposits, account receivable’s trade and warranty collection calls and logs, processing warranty credits and assisting in receivable customer calls.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Collections and accounts receivables experience preferred.
- Professional communication and customer service skills.
- Proficient in MS Office and other computer applications.
- Must be efficient and organized to handle multiple task assigned at the same time.
- Prefer previous knowledge or experience in Sage/MAS.
- Communication skills both written and verbal, and internal personal skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School or GED equivalent
- 2 years’ experience in accounting preferred.
- Data entry experience required