The Counter Sales Representative is responsible for attending to walk-in customers and answering parts counter telephone calls. Generate revenue by soliciting and obtaining orders; understanding and interpreting technical requirements.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Sales administration duties are performed accurately and on time.
- Develop sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts, soliciting new accounts building rapport; providing technical information and explanations; preparing quotations.
- Conduct ongoing customer needs, analysis and research of customer requirements.
- Participate in sales meetings and take responsibility for sales improvement initiatives and other assigned action items.
- Answers telephones, fax and e-mail inquires in a timely manner.
- Fills orders and communicating expected delivery date.
- Accomplishes individual, department and organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Cooperate with Sales Lead and other department heads to determine essential strategies for sales.
- Provide customer service for the service department with shop work by checking in and checking out equipment.
- Restock front end with parts, tools and supplies. Keep area clean and organized.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Possess a valid Texas Driver’s License.
- Clean driving record and background check.
- Proficient in MS Office and other computer applications.
- Able to read, interpret and explain sales orders and inventory reports.
- Establish and maintain tactful, courteous, and effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work, including the general public.
- Possess a sense of urgency.
- Excellent attendance record.
- Exhibit strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Good organizational, leadership, focus, and time management skills in a rapidly changing and fast pace environment with minimal or no supervision.
- Must be efficient and organized to handle multiple task assigned at the same time.
- Must be able to work overtime, holidays, nights and weekends when needed.
- Must be detail oriented to ensure accuracy of reporting
- Highly organized with attention to detail.
- Work well in a team environment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School or GED equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year experience in customer service
- 2+ years’ experience in counter sales preferred
- Product knowledge or industry experience preferred