The Counter Sales Representative is responsible for attending to walk-in customers and answering parts counter telephone calls. Generate revenue by soliciting and obtaining orders; understanding and interpreting technical requirements.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Sales administration duties are performed accurately and on time.
- Develop sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts, soliciting new accounts building rapport; providing technical information and explanations; preparing quotations.
- Conduct ongoing customer needs, analysis, and research of customer requirements.
- Participate in sales meetings and take responsibility for sales improvement initiatives and other assigned action items.
- Conduct regular customer review calls as assigned.
- Answers telephones, fax and e-mail inquires in a timely manner.
- Fills orders and communicating expected delivery date.
- Accomplishes individual, department and organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Cooperate with Sales Lead and other department heads to determine essential strategies for sales.
- Provide customer service for the service department with shop work by checking in and checking out equipment.
- Greet and direct sales representatives and applicants to proper personnel.
- Restock front end with parts, tools and supplies.
- Keep front counter and counter area cleaned and organized daily.
- Have popcorn and or other refreshments made and available to customers throughout the day.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Possess a valid Texas Driver’s License.
- Clean driving record and background check.
- Able to read, interpret and explain sales orders and inventory reports.
- Establish and maintain tactful, courteous, and effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work, including the general public.
- Possess a sense of urgency.
- Excellent attendance record.
- Exhibit strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Have extensive customer service skills and the ability to make sound decisions that reflect CKPS values.
- Good organizational, leadership, focus, and time management skills in a rapidly changing and fast pace environment with minimal or no supervision.
- Exhibit the mindset of an Ownership Thinker.
- Must be efficient and organized to handle multiple task assigned at the same time.
- Must be able to work overtime, holidays, nights and weekends when needed
- Must be detail oriented to ensure accuracy of reporting.
- Highly organized with attention to detail.
- Work well in a team environment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School or GED equivalent
- 2+ years’ experience in Counter Sales preferred
- Minumum 1 year of customer service experience
- Product knowledge or industry experience preferred
- Proficient in MS Office and other computer applications